Founder Member Vaidyaraj Haribhau Paranjape
- Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi ji, Haribhau dedicated all his efforts to the betterment of lives of the poor and under privileged section in Maharashtra. He provided medical care along with the active contribution in the fight for India’s freedom .
- He obtained qualifications in Ayurveda in 1927 while earning and doing social services. Very next year he started an Ayurvedic dispensary for the benefit of poor.
- His interaction with Gandhiji inspired him to take the mission of “Taking medicines to the villages.” Taking this challenge Haribhau toured the Palghar region of Maharashtra on foot in 1928-30, covering nearly 200 villages.
- In 1936, Haribhau’s vision of his own contribution to the society was crystallised and he decided to dedicate rest of his life to spread the message of Ayurved in country through personal practice, education and establishment of inexpensive hospital facilities it could be afforded by the poorest of the poor. Thus was founded the Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya in Pune.
Profile of Dr. M. H. Paranjape
a) M, D. (Gynecology & Obstetrics) : University of Pune
b) D.G.O. D.F.P. (C.P.S.) Mumbai.
c) Vaidyacharya, Ayurvedacharya (All India) Ayurved Vidyapeeth Delhi.
d) Ph.D. (Ayurved) University of Pune.
F.I.C.A. (U.S.A.) F.I.C.O.G. (INDIA) F.A.M. (Open International University Sri Lanka)
F.R.S.H. (UK) F.I.S.M. (Sports Medicine)
Present Status :
- Member of Board of Studies in Streerog & Prasuti Tantra at Banaras Hindu University for 2 yrs.
- Ex.Prof. and Head of the Department (Sharir) (Anatomy) Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune (Affiliated to University of Pune) & P. G .teacher in Stree roga & Prasuti.
- Recognized Post graduate teacher for the subject, ‘METHODS OF RESEARCH AND STATISTICS’ in Pune University for 10 yrs.
- Member of the B.U.T.R. Pune University
- Post Graduate teacher for M.D. & Ph.D. for Pune University & Nanded University in Sharir Rachana, Stree Rog and Prasuti Tantra, Kaumarbhritya Tantra
- Member of Ayurved Faculty University of Pune.
- Post Graduate Teacher in Sharir Rachana for MD ( Ayu.)
- Ex- member of Medical Advisory Committee, University of Pune.
- Member of M.D. Ayurvedic Committee, University of Pune.
- Authorized Medical Officer, Ashtang Ayurved Hospital, Pune which includes Ayurvedic Medical, Surgical & Gynecological departments as well as Panchakarma Department.
- Member of Academic Council, University of Pune.
Recipient of First Life Time Achievement Award Conferred upon by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in June 2015
Dr. Paranjape receiving Award at 5th International Conference on Ayurveda and Complimentary Systems of Medicine at Dubai
Founder member of Ayurved Shikshan Mandal Dr. MRs Meera Paranjape being honored by International Dhanvantari Award at the function in Los Angeles, USA in 2013
Profile of Dr. Mrs. Meera Paranjape
- Ex – Professor and Head of the Department Stree Rog Prasuti Tantra at Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune for 33 Years.
- Professor Kaumarbhrityatantra at Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune for 35 years
- Ex – Principal – Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya for 11 year
- Ex – Superintendent Ashtang Ayurved Hospital, Pune for 20 years
- Post graduate Teacher for M.D. (Ayurved) Stree Rog Prasuti Tantra and Ph.D. (Ayurved) Pune University and Kaumarbhritya Tantra.
- Recognised as Post Graduate Guide for Ph.D. in Ayurveda