In existence since the institution’s inception, this hospital has provided holistic health care to thousands of poor and needy people. Patients come not only form Pune, but also distant remote rural areas. At very nominal charges, they enjoy access to a host of Ayurvedic therapies. These offer not only relief and cure from a host of common ailments, but also open the door to a new, healthy lifestyle, based on sound diet, a healthy daily regimen, and positive human values. The hospital also performs several inexpensive surgeries. Under an extension programme, health awareness and preliminary check-up camps have been held in rural areas.
The hospital activities are inclusive of the Family Planning Welfare Scheme. The Institution is also participating in the National Family Welfare Programme.
- OPD Month-wise Analysis
- IPD Month-wise Analysis
- Sasoon General Hospital, Pune (Ayurved Ward) attached for Training
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
The institution is committed to systematic analysis of the several beneficial aspects of Ayurvedic massage. Other areas identified for research and development include Panchkarma treatment and medicinal valuation of plants.
The institution also provides guidance to students doing doctoral studies in Ayurved.
We also conduct every year the Free Shibir for health checkup for the needy and poorest person in the society
The Ashtang Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, has also chalked out and elaborate expansion plan, in tune with basic objective.
The highlights of the vision for the future include
- Construction of a full-fledged Ayurved hospital with modern equipment and diagnostic tools, to provide quality care at a very low cost to thousands of needy people.
- Large-scale cultivation of medicinal plants.
- Increase participations of Indian systems of Medicine in national health programmes for prevention of blindness, AIDS and cancer.
- Increase awareness about common home remedies
- Prepare educational CDs on Ayurved
- Establishment of modern facilities for preservation of ancient Ayurved texts.
- Establishment of New Hospital & College in Rural & Remote Area of Konkan.
- Start New Courses in Pharmacy, Research Projects, Multicentric OPD & IPD’s in Pune & other districts of Maharashtra for which funds are required for running these activities smoothly.
Ayurvedic Shikshan Mandal’s Ashtang Ayurved Hospital